IVF treatment availability at IVOX IVF Hospital
|IVF at IVOX IVF Hospital - restrictions|
|Woman maximum age||55|
|Same sex female couples||Allowed|
|HCV / HBV (female)||Allowed|
|HCV / HBV (male)||Allowed|
About IVOX IVF Hospital
IVOX IVF Hospital is located in the city of Lefkosa in North Cyprus and was established in 2021. Their medical team is very experienced when it comes to treating patients with infertility problems. Thanks to them being a new clinic they are situated in a building that houses state-of-the-art medical equipment and are able to treat you using the latest and best techniques and treatments. The clinic houses two IVF laboratories, two operating theatres and a single room for patient recovery, and by single we mean one bed so that you will go through your recovery on your own and in peace.
Due to their state-of-the-art equipment, they are able to use revolutionary technology in their treatment, with two of these being the best when it comes to what they do.
- Saturn 5 Laser System. This is a truly revolutionary piece of technology and is used for assisted hatching and the biopsy of embryos, which improves the success rates of using these methods. Assisted Hatching is when the zona pellucida of the embryo is pierced slightly in order to help it implant successfully, and a biopsy is when a few cells are taken from the embryo in order to test them for any abnormalities.
- RI Witness Patient Witness System. This advanced computer system allows for all procedures in the laboratory to be performed under the safest conditions possible, as it monitors everything to the point that it ensures zero margin of error.
With both of these technologies being utilised by the clinic you can be sure your treatment is in safe hands.
Thanks to the clinic’s expertise they have a unique ability when it comes to the patients that they are able to treat. The clinic can perform fertility treatment on women up to the age of 55 years old, usually, clinics will have a maximum age of between 40 and 45 years old, as treating older patients is more difficult than treating younger ones. Not only that but the clinic is able to perform their treatment with both male and female patients who have tested positive for HIV, as well as those who have tested positive for HCV/HBV (Hepatitis C Virus and Hepatitis C Virus). The clinic is also able to treat single women and same-sex female couples. Thanks to this they can help those who are unable to be treated in other clinics and offer them the chance of motherhood.
As part of certain treatments, such as for single women and same-sex female couples, donation is necessary, and this can be due to many different factors. The clinic works to allow patients to undergo treatment using egg donation, embryo donation, and sperm donation. Egg donation is where an egg donor will be used and her eggs will be fertilised with partner sperm and then transferred to the uterus when ready, embryo donation is used when both donor sperm and an egg donor is required. Sperm donation is when just sperm is required, usually for AID (Artificial Insemination with Donor). Thanks to the strict requirements involved in the donation process you can be sure that all donors will be clean, healthy and fertile. These requirements are:
- Age. Depending on the donation certain ages are required, with egg donors they need to be younger women between the ages of 18 and 34, whereas sperm donors are able to be older, due to sperm retaining fertility for longer. The younger the better as younger donors means healthier and more fertile donations.
- STI free. All donors must be free of sexually transmitted infections, as these can impact the health and fertility of both the donor and the resultant child born from donations.
- Genetic testing. All donors need to undergo genetic testing to ensure that there are no genetic defects or chromosomal abnormalities present in their DNA that will pass down to the resultant child through their genes. This is to ensure the child will have no health issues as they grow and develop.
- Intelligence. Donors need to have a good level of education and be intelligent, this is to ensure that they fully understand what donation entails and the results that will come because of it.
When it comes to choosing the donor the process is entirely anonymous so patients will be unable to know who their donor is or see them. The donor will be chosen by the doctor according to physical and genetic characteristics to ensure as close a match to the recipients as possible.
Accreditation is important when it comes to fertility clinics as it shows the clinic is held to the highest standards of care and shows that they take their jobs seriously. IVOX IVF Hospital holds both ISO 10002:2018 and ISO 9001:2015-17 accreditation and are valid until May 2024.
Experience and Medical Staff at IVOX IVF Hospital
One of the directors and the main doctor at the clinic is Dr Mürüde Çakartas Dağdelen, MD, a gynaecologist and specialist who has 22 years of experience working in medicine. Excluding the medical director the clinic is home to two doctors and two embryologists, with the senior embryologist having 21 years of experience in their field as well as being ESHRE (European Society of Human Reproduction and Embryology) accredited.
The other director of IVOX IVF Hospital is Dr Serkan Dağdelen, MD. The clinic is also home to a number of patient coordinators whose job is to ensure that all patients who go to the clinic for treatment will have as easy and comfortable a time as possible. As part of this, they have coordinators who speak multiple languages to ensure that there is someone who will speak the same language as the patient. The languages spoken fluently by the staff are:
Thanks to their multilingual staff they are able to better help patients from outside of the country and this shows in their patient numbers with 30% of their patients coming from Turkey, 25% from Germany, 20% from the United Kingdom, 15% from other European countries, and 10% from countries outside of Europe. So as you can see they have a lot of experience in dealing with patients from outside of Cyprus, and you should have no problems communicating with them.
IVF Costs at IVOX IVF Hospital
There are many different treatments available at IVOX IVF Hospital and the cost of these will vary depending on which treatment you need to have. Deciding on which treatment you require, in order to give you the best chance of success, will happen as a result of a consultation with the doctor at the clinic, this medical consultation will be free so you need not worry about paying for it.
|Basic IVF packages cost at IVOX IVF Hospital|
|Intrauterine insemination (IUI)||€1,500|
|Artificial insemination with donor (AID)||€|
|IVF with own eggs||€3,000|
|Egg donation IVF||€5,000|
|Egg freezing||€3,000 (including 3-year storage)|
The price of standard IVF with the clinic is 3,000 Euros. If you require artificial insemination, instead of a full treatment, there are two options available although they are performed the same way but with one difference, and that is the sperm that will be used, IUI (Intrauterine Insemination) is performed with your partner’s sperm and will cost 1,500 Euros, if you need cannot use partner’s sperm and you require a donor, the cost of donor sperm is 1,500 Euros. If you require treatment using egg donation then this will cost 5,000 Euros, whilst treatment using embryo donation will cost 6,500 Euros.
During your treatment, you may wish to undergo additional treatments or tests in order to either increase your chance of success, or because it is recommended that you have them. These are:
- Embryo Monitoring is included in the treatment. This is where the embryo is monitored more closely in order to study it during development and helps the laboratory to better choose the best embryo for you.
- Blastocyst Culture is always included in the treatment. Usually, an embryo is allowed to develop for three to four days before being transferred, blastocyst culture is where the embryo is allowed to develop for five to six days in order for it to reach the blastocyst stage.
- PGT-A/PGS genetic testing for 5,500 Euros and 300 Euros per embryo to a maximum of 9 embryos. This is a genetic test designed to test for genetic defects and chromosomal abnormalities in the embryo, to ensure only the ones without are chosen for treatment.
IVF Add-ons and Other Costs
|Other IVF techniques costs at IVOX IVF Hospital|
|Medical consultation (doctor)||free|
|Embryo Monitoring (e.g. Embryoscope)||included in the treatment price|
|Blastocyst culture||included in treatment price|
|PGT-A / PGS genetic embryo testing||€5,500 (+€300 per embryo tested, until 9 embryos)|
|Embryo freezing and storage for 1 year||€250|
|FET - Frozen Embryo Transfer||€1,500|
Patients can also undergo freezing of eggs, sperm and embryos, in order to preserve their fertility for the future, or after their treatment ends in order for them to try again. In order to freeze your eggs you will need to pay 3,000 Euros and this price includes three years of storage. To freeze your sperm you will need to pay 250 Euros. If you are undergoing treatment and find yourself with embryos remaining then you can pay for the vitrification and storage of these for one year, and this will cost 600 Euros for the first year, then you will be expected to pay 250 Euros per year, for each further year of storage that you wish to have. Once the time is right you can undergo FET, which is Frozen Embryo Transfer, to have your embryos thawed and transferred, and the cost of this is 1,500 Euros.
The clinic also performs treatments such as Tandem IVF (using own and donor eggs) and MicroTESE/TESA for dealing with male factor infertility – azoospermia. If you wish to know more information about these you can speak with your doctor who will tell you everything you need to know.
IVF Success Rates at IVOX IVF Hospital
Success rates are one of the biggest factors when it comes to choosing an IVF clinic, so hopefully the success rates for IVOX IVF Hospital will help you when it comes to selecting the fertility centre. All of the following success rates are for the year 2022 and are based on achieving a clinical pregnancy, which is where the foetus can be seen and heard and the blood test confirms pregnancy. These success rates are per embryo transfer and do not include consecutive frozen cycles.
- IVF using egg donation – 75%
Success rates for IVF with a patient’s own eggs are:
- IVF with own eggs – 38%
Breaking this down into age groups we get the following success rates:
- Under 35 years old – 55%
- 35 – 40 years old – 49%
- Over 40 years old – 30%
The clinic also performs treatment using embryos, and these success rates are:
- IVF using frozen embryos – 80%
IVF using donated embryos – 85%
The clinic transfers two embryos at a time during their treatment so the success rate for multiple births is also important:
- Multiple births (twins) – 10%
As you can see the success rates for IVOX IVF Hospital are above average and are an excellent clinic with which to undergo your fertility treatment.
IVOX IVF Hospital – Location
IVOX IVF Hospital is located in the city of Lefkosa, also known as Nicosia, which is in North Cyprus. Lefkosa is the capital city of Cyprus and is a beautiful city to have treatment. There are lots of things to see and do while you are in the city undergoing your treatment, such as Levantis Museum, a free-to-enter museum that shows you a curated history of the city, which is fascinating to see as it is one of the most historical cities in the world. You can also walk to the Famagusta Gate and Aqueduct or climb Shacolas Tower, which will allow you to take in some breathtaking views. You will also be free to sample some of the local delicacies in the many cafes and restaurants.
If you combine your infertility treatment with a holiday in a beautiful and historic city you are sure to have a wonderful time, showing that IVOX IVF Hospital was the right clinic for you.